Amurco team up with The Big Music Project to bring you this fantastic opportunity.
Trainee Music Programmer and Distribution Specialist
Amurco are currently looking for an intern to join the music department in the MediaCityUK, Manchester office. The Big Music Project help young people from all backgrounds break in to the creative industries. Please see the job description below.
About the Company
Amurco is an international music licensing company supplying music and consultancy services to Productions, Brands and Artists since 2010. They operate in over 50 countries worldwide and boast clients such as MTV, Mercedes, JD Sports and Subway. Among their services, Amurco offers Music Licensing, Music Supervision, Mastering, Distribution and Play-listing.
About the Role
Amurco is looking for a Trainee Music Programmer and Distribution Specialist to join the music department in their MediaCityUK, Manchester office. As part of the placement, the successful candidate will not only be trained in innovative music marketing and distribution techniques, but also mentored to gain an understanding of the processes required to push releases and music placements across a variety of industries.
- To prepare our music according to the ingestion formats and regulations of digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and Youtube.
- To create branding, artwork and copy for releases as required.
- To create music submissions from our catalogues specific to briefs for TV, Film and Advertising.
- To liaise with our music industry partners ensuring all their music requirements are met in a timely and consistent manner.
- To communicate our play-listing and distribution services to artists looking for further exposure.
- To liaise with playlisters across a number of DSPs to generate further exposure for the music we represent.
About the Candidate
The successful candidate will possess:
- An in-depth understanding of musical styles and the commercial spaces in which they thrive
- An understanding of brand image and how music can compliment this
- An understanding of music streaming platforms such as Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music
- A working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- An understanding of processing software such as Excel, Word, Open Office etc.
- A basic understanding of DAW programs such a Logic, Pro Tools etc.
- High organisational skills
- The ability to work to a deadline and manage a heavy, varied workload
- Excellent written and verbal communicative skills.
Amurco welcomes applicants from all social backgrounds. The successful candidate will be chosen based on merit and ability, irrespective of faith, sexuality, gender or ethnicity. We are looking for a motivated person who is willing to learn, enthusiastic about our industry and understands our aims and objectives. A university degree is not a pre-requisite.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must complete the equal opportunities form (Equal Opportunities form)
14th December. Any applications received after this date will not be considered. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 18th December.
We look forward to welcoming the successful applicant into our team. Good luck!